11.14.2011

Brief Blog Hiatus

Sorry for the delay.  No one is really reading this anyway :)  However, I am sad that I got away from writing.  We are still trucking along on the farm here.  November (and October) is a very busy month.  I finally broke down and make a monthly calendar for the fridge to keep my schedule, and Jordan's on track.  Between the upcoming Church Festival we are in charge of, Jordan's basketball league, the livestock, and everything else...we are busy bees! 
This weekend we went to NAILE (North American International Livestock Expo) in Louisville, KY to pick up a couple of bred ewes from an online sale---and scope out the lambs, mingle with our cohorts, and get icecream :)  It was a good trip but it was a long drive.  And quick!  Went down Friday night and came back Saturday afternoon. 
We are also going on vacation this month to Florida.  Which means, we have to coordinate feeding plans, load up on hay, and get the ewes ultrasounded before we leave.  The hens have pretty much stopped laying (except for Old Reliable...I don't know which one she is but she is still faithfully giving us an egg per day). 
On another note, we are still going for our weekly hikes with Bocephus---the dog.  I LOVE it and I am certainly glad that Jordan is enjoying it too.  I think it is something we look forward to now.  Getting away, pretending we are somewhere further from home than we really are, and enjoying the last little bit of sunshine before winter hits.  Sigh.....I am not looking forward to winter.

*Special Update---It is now November 14th and we finally turned our heat on.  Evidently 52 degrees inside the house is just too much to bear*

No comments:

Post a Comment