8.28.2011

Family Time & Fall Preparations

Fall is by far my favorite time of year.  The weather, the scenery, campfires and county fairs!


We are 4-H advisers for our county sheep club so we are busy this week (amongst other things) getting ready to decorate the barn and welcome our 4-H'ers!  I had to paint their stall cards to put over their pens and I'm getting ready to put their names on them later this week.  Wednesday is when the barn has to be ready and Thursday is haul-in.  I hope I can get some things around to make the place look great!


Today, we went to church and out to eat with my in-laws.  We had to hurry though because today was Jordan's grandfather's 84th birthday.  We tried to eat a light lunch---splitting an entree yet somehow still ate way too much.  The birthday included cake, ice cream, and mingling with lots of family members we haven't seen in awhile.  Everyone had fun and then Grandpa had to retire to his room because he was getting a little tired.


In preparation for fall, I decided to dig out a few of our wedding decorations from last year.  I thought I could maybe see if some people would like to purchase these centerpieces I made for $5-$10 in order to make a few extra dollars.  So far I have 2 people interested but we will see if I get anymore bites.


What do you think?


Speaking of "extra dollars", we got our first check from the hogs this week too!  Deposited and allocated to a specific category.  We wanted to put half on debt and keep the other half in a farm account to pay for any other needs the hogs might have while they are with us.  Payin' down that debt!  That extra chunk took another month off of our Pay Off Date!

No comments:

Post a Comment