8.30.2011

Working the Budget & September Grocery Challenge

I haven't really spoken much about our day jobs...which I plan to stick to.  We both have day jobs in agriculture---big surprise---but let's just keep this about our crazy farm.  But all-in-all...Mondays are not our favorite.
Anyway, along with Monday came the big scary End of the Month Budget!  We use the My Total Money Makeover website to keep our dollars in check and we usually do a great job of it....usually.  This month was fantastic for our incoming end.  We were able to bring in an extra $948 this month!  And...August had an extra pay check for us this month so we were sittin' pretty for the most part.  I judged a horse show this month, got a gift certificate at work for doing a good job, Jordan got paid for feeding the calves one weekend, we got a check for the hoggies, and somehow we got a late check from a tax refund.  Good Stuff!
We did, however, go over on our gas budget.  Which didn't surprise me because of our hogs.  But now we have something to work on next month.

Which leads me to my next topic...COUPONS!  I love clipping coupons and huntin' for deals.  This month, I was going to try and make it a goal to cut our grocery budget.  One of the big categories we can directly control.  We typically spend about $300 on food.  I would like to cut that down to no more than $200 for this month.  That gives us $50 per week.  Hopefully we can make these dollars dance this month!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment